- All mechanical operation - no electronics, no batteries, no built in metering
- Totally manual metering and focusing
- Very easy film loading and crank-advance, due to an extremely precision engineered mechanism
- Exceptional optics by Schneider-Kreuznach, with an integrated leaf shutter (as opposed to a focal plane curtain shutter, as found in SLR cameras).
- Fixed focal length of 75mm, which is roughly equivalent to 45mm in the standardized 35mm film
- Maximum shutter speed of 1/500 sec, widest aperture of f3.5
- Waist level viewfinder, with image reversed from left to right, but not top to bottom
- Viewfinder system also incorporates a "sport finder" which is at eye level, but it has no optics - just two metal frames.
I'll post more later about this aspect of high-end film cameras.